Sunday, October 10, 2010

Food Glorious Food

I personally do not think before I eat simply because since I rely on the school dining room for my meals I personally can not make the choices available. Honestly, I usually just grab the foods that look the best and I am in the mood for. Ideally, I try to cut down my intake of meats because they are bad for the environment since they cost more to make than other food sources. The environmental considerations for me are that I hope that the food being prepared is made in a way that reflects proper environmentally sustainability but I feel individually it is up to the food companies to make sure they are following enviromental standards. I feel indivually if consumers can exert pressure on the food producers but this can take a lot of organizing and willpower which I feel most people do not have the stomach for their food sources.

The past weekend I took the LSATs so I honestly did not eat or drink much this past weekend. I only consumed water because I do not drink caffeine. This decesion was made for health reasons because I feel caffeine is bad for you and messes up your body's natural way of doing things. This also could play a role enviromentally since water would be easier to make than caffeine products. Food wise I eat local foods since I was back home. I eat two Italian hoagies from Wawa with lettuce mayo, salt and pepper. These foods I feel have less of an impact since they are locally made. Lastly, I had a bowl of cereal frosted flakes for breakfast with that potentially have the greatest impact due to all the ways that the cow is maintained along with the methane gas that the cow releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment